The newly-renamed "Out of the Archives" Series are intimate events featuring focused topics, lively discussions, and selected photos and documents from the History Project Archives.
All events in this series are held at The History Project, 29 Stanhope Street in Boston, unless otherwise noted.
Events typically run from 6:00 to 8:00 pm and are free and open to the public. RSVPs are required.
Check back later this summer for our Fall schedule!
Previous "Out of the Archives" topics included...
- May 2017: The Sea Is Quiet Tonight: A memoir of the early AIDS epidemic in Boston, with Michael Ward
- May 2017: Bad Attitude: A Lesbian Sex Magazine, with Amy Hoffman
- April 2017: Crimson Souls: Using Genre Fiction to Negotiate Harvard's Queer History, with William Holden
- March 2017: Lesbian Avengers Eat Fire Too, with Lesbian Avengers
- Feb 2017: Gay Men's Leather Community History of Boston & New England, with Scott Erickson
- Jan 2017: Other Space: A Science Fiction Love Story, with Taj Smith
- Nov 2016: Gayme Night! Explore and play different LGBTQ-themed board games from our archives
- Oct 2016: Roger & Frank Revisited: Gay Life & Love in the 1950s & 1960s, with Robert Young
- Sept 2016: Soapbox to San Quentin: Lesbian Firebrand Marie Equi, with Michael Helquist
- May 2016: Provincetown LGBT History in a Nutshell, with Steve Desroches
- April 2016: Boston's Unseen Queer Religious History, with Sage Moses
- March 2016: Boston's South End: The Clash of Ideas in a Historic Neighborhood, with Russ Lopez
- February 2016: Curious Boys and Odd Girls: Erotica in the Archives, with Joan Ilacqua and Dave White
- January 2016: THP'S Drag Collections
- Nov 2015: Am Tikva, Boston's LGBT Synagogue
- Oct 22, 2015: OLE! (Older Lesbian Energy)
- Sept 24, 2015: Boston Bar Culture
- May 28, 2015: Boston's Gaylaxians
- Apr 16, 2015: The Queerzines of Papercut Zine Library
- Mar 19, 2015: "The longest four miles of our life..." GLiB and the St. Patrick's Day Parade of 1992
- Feb 19, 2015: Revolutionary Beginnings: The Coors Boycott and the Birth of the LGBT Labor Movement 1966-1987, with Gerry Scoppetuolo
- Jan. 22, 2015: Gay motorcycle clubs, with Scott Erickson
Items from the Tom Kanar collection
Out for the Count: LGBT Organizing and Socializing around Sports in Boston
Letters from GCN's Prisoner Project
The Boston Phoenix's 'One in Ten'
Halloween Masks and Masquerades